Amanda is Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist who provides assessment and counseling to individuals, families and groups. She has over 15 years of experience working in a variety of mental health settings: out-patient mental health clinics, in-patient and partial psychiatric hospital programs, emergency rooms and schools.
Amanda is a Certified Mental Health Integrative Medicine Provider. She has national certification in DBT (Dialectical Behavioral Therapy), TF-CBT (Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) and Perinatal Mental Health. Amanda also has advanced training in Art Therapy, Pregnancy Loss, and Family Mediation/Conflict Resolution.
Amanda has extensive experience in treating anxiety, depression and other mood issues, attention and learning difficulties, codependency issues, oppositional behaviors, self-injurious and self-destructive behaviors, self-esteem/self-confidence issues, social struggles, struggles with life transitions, loss and trauma.
Areas of Special Interest:
- Adolescent and Young Adult Mental Health
- Oppositional Behaviors
- Pregnancy and Postpartum Mental Health, Pregnancy Loss, Reproductive Issues and Transition into Parenthood
- Self-Injurious and Self-Destructive Behaviors
- Self-Esteem, Self-Confidence and Body Image Issues
- Post Masters Certificate in Marriage and Family Therapy, Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota
- Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology, Graduate School of Professional Psychology University of St. Thomas
- Undergraduate degree in Behavioral Neuroscience and Psychology, University of St. Thomas
- Lifetime Member in Psi Chi the International Honor Society in Psychology - University of St. Thomas Chapter
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist - Minnesota & Wisconsin
- Approved Supervisor for the Minnesota Board of Marriage and Family Therapy
- Approved Supervisor for the Minnesota Board of Behavioral Health and Therapy - LPC and LPCC
- Qualified Neutral Under Rule 114 – Minnesota Judicial Branch A.D.R.
- Family Mediation Certificate - Mediation Center/Hamline University School of Law
- National DBT (Dialectical Behavioral Therapy) Certification through DBTNCAA
- National TF-CBT (Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) Certification through Allegheny Health Network and the Rowan University CARES Institute. Training from Washburn Center for Children Training Institute and MUSC (Medical University of South Carolina) National Crime Victims Research & Treatment Center.
- National Certification in Perinatal Mental Health - Postpartum Support International
- Certified Mental Health Integrative Medicine Provider - Mental Health Integrative Medicine Institute
Personal Activities of Interest:
- I love anything outdoors: fishing, hiking, camping, agate hunting, etc.,
- I love DIY arts and crafts projects, which you'll discover all throughout the office.
- I have 3 children, 2 dogs and a gecko.