Lisa is a Licensed Psychologist and Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker who provides assessment and therapy to children, adolescents, families, couples and groups. She has over 30 years of clinical experience and has worked in a variety of settings including outpatient mental health clinics, private schools and supervising school linked mental health therapists.
Lisa has extensive experience working with those struggling with anxiety, depression, grief and loss, self-esteem/self-confidence issues, social issues, as well as behavioral issues and attention issues in childhood and adolescence. She has worked closely with schools for over 20 years and is able to support parents and coordinate care as they advocate for academic accommodations. She conducts thorough diagnostic assessments, which can include school based observations (when appropriate). Lisa has also received training in utilizing the DC:03 early childhood diagnostic assessment.
Lisa's approach tends to be cognitive behavioral with a mindfulness focus. She utilizes play therapy when working with younger children. Lisa believes that therapy is a process of empowering clients to become aware of their unique strengths while assisting them in developing healthy emotional coping strategies and life skills.
Areas of Special Interest (not limited to):
- Attention and Learning Difficulties
- Depression and Other Mood Issues
- Couples Counseling
- Family Issues
- Grief and Loss
- Life Transitions
- Oppositional Behaviors
- School Transition Issues
- Self-Esteem and/or Body Image Issues
- Social Issues
- Post Masters Certificate in Marriage and Family Therapy – University of St. Thomas
- Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology – University of St. Thomas
- Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education – Wartburg College
- Licensed Psychologist
- Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker
- Approved Supervisor for the MN Board of Psychology
- Approved Supervisor for the MN Board of Social Work
- Approved Supervisor for the Board of Behavioral Health and Therapy: LPC and LPCC
- Training in Conflict Resolution; Peer Leadership and Parent Education
Personal Activities of Interest:
- Walking her dog/mowing the lawn/exercise
- Mindfulness activities
We are committed to your privacy. Do not include confidential or private information regarding your health condition in this form or any other form found on this website. This form is for general questions or messages to the practitioner.